7.28.2012

The Cricut & Some Embossing Folders

I'm spending the evening being lazy and creative... I got the idea for this card from Pinterest and gave it my spin with basic shapes from the Sure Cuts A Lot library. I love stamping and using acetate for card fronts. Such a unique look.

Then I got to playing with a beer can that came over with some friends and family last weekend. Sadly, the friends and family are gone...but, the can was still in a paper bag in the laundry room waiting to be recycled. Who knew beer cans could be so cool looking! Guess it's been a while since I've spent much time in the micro-breweries around the state. Anyway, the can sat still too long so I got a hold of it and had to see if my cheapy little Sizzix Texture Boutique could muster up enough oomph to emboss tin. It got it done! I had to add a couple layers of cardstock to the "sandwich" to get it to leave a good impression. Now, I can't decide which side of it I like the best.



No comments:

Post a Comment